Our firm is looking for an experienced CPA or Enrolled Agent to join our growing team as a Tax Manager with a fast track to partnership opportunity.
In this position, the ideal candidate will lead and be responsible for reviewing and preparing complex tax returns for clients to ensure accuracy and compliance with all relevant Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations. Clients may also need you to research and examine other tax documentation for planning purposes. Our ideal candidate has a Master’s degree in accounting, an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or an Enrolled Agent, and at least five years of experience in public accounting. This is not a remote position; candidates must live or be willing to relocate to Outer Banks, NC.
- Review and prepare complex tax returns, including multi-state returns for Individuals, Estates and Trusts, Partnerships, and S and C Corporations.
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise.
- Identify and mitigate tax risks.
- Respond to IRS, state, and tax authorities' inquiries.
- Supervise multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Perform technical research.
- Train staff members.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s in Taxation preferred.
- CPA certification, about to sit for the exam, or an Enrolled Agent.
- 5+ years of recent experience in tax with a public accounting firm.
- Familiarity with IRS regulations.
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Ability to work additional hours around deadlines
- Software knowledge: Intuit and Lacerte/ProSeries are a plus
- Desire to continue to grow with the firm.
- Competitive Compensation
- Company-paid health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching retirement plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick
- Incentive Bonus Plan
- Paid CPE and Licensure
Email Cover letter & Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org